flickr hd wins TUAW Best of 2011 for iPad photography app
As the TUAW Best of 2011 awards wind down here in the first week of the new year, we're happy to announce the choice of TUAW readers for the best iPad photography app of 2011: flickr hd (US$0.99).
It's not a photography tool for editing images; instead, flickr hd is designed for viewing photos that are stored on flickr.com. Whether it's your public flickr photo stream, favorites that you've found on flickr, or a custom search, flickr hd displays pictures in a "photo frame" mode that makes enjoying your photos as easy as putting your iPad on a dock.
While flickr hd pulled in 39 percent of reader votes, the amazing Master Your DSLR Camera: A Better Way to Learn Digital Photography ($9.99) was a close second with 32 percent of the votes. Congratulations to flickr hd developer Alan Scully for winning the TUAW Best of 2011 award for iPad photography apps, and to Open Air Publishing for coming in close on the tail of flickr hd.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options