iPhone 4S to launch in China, 21 other countries on January 13
Friday, January 13th is going to be a lucky day for iPhone fans in China and 21 other countries. On that day, the iPhone 4S becomes available in those countries around the world.
In a press release this morning, Apple CEO Tim Cook reported that "Customer response to our products in China has been off the charts." Cook went on to note that with the launch next week, iPhone 4S will be available in over 90 countries, making this the fastest iPhone rollout ever.
The list of countries where the iPhone 4S will begin to be sold includes Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bolivia, Botswana, British Virgin Islands, Cameroon, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, China, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Grenada, Guam, Guinea Conakry, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Niger, Senegal, St. Vincent and The Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos, and Uganda.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter