Apple offers refunds for 'premature' GameStore app purchases
A strange Apple-built iOS app called GameStore appeared and then quickly disappeared in the App Store last week. After its disappearance, we picked the app apart and determined that GameStore was essentially sample code that demonstrates how to perform in-app purchases.
Many people downloaded the app sight unseen since it came from Apple, while still others downloaded it out of simple curiosity. GameStore cost US$0.99, and according to Mac Rumors and a few other outlets, Apple is now offering refunds to people who bought the app.
An email sent to customers who purchased GameStore says that "the app was made available for sale prematurely," and refunds will be issued within five business days.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements