iPhone reportedly ready for China Telecom's CDMA2000 network
The iPhone 4S is set to launch in China a few days from now via China Unicom, a GSM-based provider that has been the sole iPhone-compatible Chinese carrier thus far. According to AllThingsD, China may be getting ready to add a second carrier to the mix: CDMA-based wireless carrier China Telecom.
Apple has reportedly received regulatory approval for a device compatible with China Telecom's CDMA2000 network, and with the iPhone 4S being a true world phone featuring compatibility with both GSM and CDMA networks, it seems it's only a matter of time before China Telecom starts offering the iPhone to its 123 million customers.
Apple has to clear a couple more regulatory hurdles before sales can begin through China Telecom, but in the meantime, the iPhone 4S will go on sale in China via Unicom on January 13. If iPhone 4S sales are as brisk in China as they have been everywhere else, it's going to be a good day for Apple.
The iPhone 4S is set to launch in China a few days from now via China Unicom, a GSM-based provider that has been the sole...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free