SoundHound's most ID'd songs in 2011
SoundHound is a music search and discovery tool for the iPhone, iPad and Android devices. The app has 50 million worldwide users and boasts of over four million music searches per day. The company recently released its Top Ten Identified songs and at the top of the charts was Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People. The sleeper hit from the Indie band mixes sullen lyrics about teenage homicide with an upbeat, bouncy music track. Following behind Pumped Up Kicks is Someone Like You by Adele, a ballad about a broken relationship from the English singer-songwriter.
You can check out the remaining top ten in the press release below, and grab SoundHound's free app or ad-free paid version (US$6.99) from the iOS App store to start contributing to the best of 2012 list.
Show full PR text
SoundHound's Top 10 Most ID'd Songs in 2011
As we welcome 2012 and all the fantastic new music it will bring, we at SoundHound thought we'd take a moment to reflect on the musical highlights of 2011-by compiling a list of the top 10 songs that you, our users, most frequently identified using SoundHound's blazing fast music recognition. SoundHound users ID'd well over 1 billion songs in 2011! The most ID'd song was-drum roll, please-"Pumped Up Kicks," by indie pop band Foster the People. This track alone was ID'd 1.25 million times in 2011.
Here's the Top 10:
1. "Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster the People
2. "Someone Like You" by Adele
3. "Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO
4. "Just Can't Get Enough" by Black Eyed Peas
5. "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele
6. "Mr. Saxobeat" by Alexandra Stan
7. "Danza Kuduro" by Don Omar & Lucenzo
8. "The Lazy Song" by Bruno Mars
9. "Hello" (Single Edit) by Martin Solveig & Dragonette
10. "Down On Me" (featuring 50 Cent) by Jeremih
Thank you to our users who ID'd these and millions of other great songs in 2011. We look forward to helping you ID many, many more in 2012.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)