Forthcoming TomTom iPhone app to feature enhanced social integration
Just when you thought navigation apps pretty much had all the features you thought you needed, TomTom has thrown some fresh ideas into the mix.
The company is at CES demonstrating an updated navigation app that uses social networks as a source for turn-by-turn directions.
"According to recent studies, the vast majority of iPhone users use Facebook on their iPhone," Corinne Vigreux, Managing Director Consumer at TomTom said. "By integrating Facebook features into our TomTom App we make navigating to places, events and seeing friends even easier."
The app, which will be delivered this quarter, uses Facebook places, events and friends as a source for destinations, and allows drivers to share their destinations and arrival time on Twitter, Facebook, email and SMS text.
The update will be free for current owners of the TomTom iPhone app. Some example screens are below:
Just when you thought navigation apps pretty much had all the features you thought you needed, TomTom has thrown some fresh ideas into...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements