Kodak sues HTC, Apple
In a desperate bid to keep itself afloat, Kodak has filed another lawsuit against HTC and Apple. The struggling company is now claiming that Apple and HTC infringe on four patents related to the transfer of digital images. A previous lawsuit against Apple focuses on technology for previewing images.
In this latest legal skirmish, Kodak filed both a complaint with the ITC and a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York. Kodak says it doesn't want to halt the sales of Apple and HTC products. It's only looking for "fair compensation for the unauthorized use" of its imaging technology. Kodak is struggling financially and this "fair compensation" may prevent the company from declaring bankruptcy.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature