Kodak sues HTC, Apple
In a desperate bid to keep itself afloat, Kodak has filed another lawsuit against HTC and Apple. The struggling company is now claiming that Apple and HTC infringe on four patents related to the transfer of digital images. A previous lawsuit against Apple focuses on technology for previewing images.
In this latest legal skirmish, Kodak filed both a complaint with the ITC and a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York. Kodak says it doesn't want to halt the sales of Apple and HTC products. It's only looking for "fair compensation for the unauthorized use" of its imaging technology. Kodak is struggling financially and this "fair compensation" may prevent the company from declaring bankruptcy.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update