TUAW TV Live at 5 PM ET: Music, books, and apps
There's a surprising dearth of Apple-related news this week, other than pundits talking about how almost every company at CES is copying Apple's innovations in one way or another. No worries -- if you're depressed hearing about the latest cheesy MacBook Air clone or some other company's iPad ripoff, I'll cheer you up this afternoon with another episode of TUAW TV Live.
Looking into the box of goodies here at the TUAW TV Live studio, I find that I have a pocket-sized analog synthesizer that can be used to process output from an iPad, iPhone or musical instrument; an iPad app that lets you run Microsoft Office on your device for free; a free GPS navigation app; a handful of Apple-related books (both physical and electronic); and other digital flotsam and jetsam that is bobbing around my rapidly sinking desk.
As usual, I'll be starting the show at 5 PM EDT (2 PM PDT / 10 PM BST) sharp, and we'll take a few minutes to chat before the demos start. To join in on the chat and watch the live streaming video, drop by TUAW about five minutes before the start time to get your instructions on how to participate. If you're unable to join us for the show, remember that you can always subscribe to the video podcast and watch the show at your leisure in iTunes or any other favorite podcatching app. The past shows are also available on the TUAW YouTube channel.
The chat is now available as well on IRC: join us on server chat1.ustream.tv, chat room #tuaw-tv.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app