Steve Jobs inspires Best Buy's Super Bowl ad
Last year when Best Buy was planning its Super Bowl ad, the retailer's US marketing chief, Drew Panayiotou had a revelation. Instead of getting a music or movie star for the commercial, Panayiotou suggested the company focus on Silicon Valley innovators. According to Bloomberg, he was inspired by Steve Jobs and all the tributes that came out after the Apple head passed away.
The ad won't be about Steve Jobs, but it will include other tech innovators like Kevin Systrom of Instagram and Philippe Kahn, the man credited with taking the first camera phone picture. The Best Buy ad will appear in the first quarter of the February 5 game during the third commercial break. It will share the spotlight with an Anheuser Busch InBev beer commercial and an M&M candy ad. I love geeky commercials like this and will be watching for it on Sunday, how about you?
Last year when Best Buy was planning its Super Bowl ad, the retailer's US marketing chief, Drew Panayiotou had a revelation. Instead of...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs