Google reportedly hires Apple executive to work on secret project
Simon Prakash, an Apple veteran with eight years of service, has left the Cupertino company to join its rival Google. Prakash most recently served as the senior director of product integrity and was responsible for product quality across all Apple product lines.
According to his LinkedIn profile, Prakash was the director of engineering design validation at Cielo Communications and a reliability and FA manager at 3Com before he joined Apple. He will join Google in an unknown capacity working on a "secret project" says Venture Beat.
Prakash will supposedly begin at Google starting Monday. Given his background in hardware and product quality, he will likely work with Motorola Mobility on their future cell phones and tablets. This is based on speculation as neither Google nor Apple has commented on Prakash's change of employment.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter