Diesel Sweeties turns iBooks Author experiment into successful Kickstarter
A couple weeks ago, Richard Stevens decided to create a free ebook of with a month's worth of his webcomic series, Diesel Sweeties, using iBooks Author. We reported on the experiment then, but Stevens recently disclosed just how big of a success it was: More than 10,000 downloads in three days of the iPad book.
Stevens has propelled that success into a Kickstarter campaign, where he will distribute his entire series to date for free in two forms: a PDF ebook and an iBook that will be more than 3,000 pages long. Stevens said he would be making the two versions simultaneously in iBooks Author and Adobe InDesign.
Looking to raise $3,000 initially, Stevens already has raised nearly $17,000 with less than 27 days remaining in his campaign. I figured it wouldn't take long to see iBooks Author help drive a project such as this to a success, but I am surprised to see that it's happened within a month of the program's release. It'll be great to see final ebook, and I hope that iBooks Author can manage a project size that big!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV