One Like Son produces entire album on an iPhone
Powerpop band "One Like Son" has done something special. Using accessories like Peavey's AmpKit LiNK (TUAW review) and the GuitarJack from Sonoma Wireworks, they managed to produce an entire studio-quality album... on an iPhone.
Daniel Codella of Sonoma Wireworks states that "One Like Son have really set the bar for what can be done with an inexpensive mobile recording setup. Bravo!" The band compares the experience to creating their first album, "Love Songs for the Apathetic," on a 4-track cassette recorder. Stephen Poff of the band said, "It was a pretty top of the line at the time, but it was tedious and of course there were only 4 tracks to work with. Now I'm recording up to 24 tracks... and it's on my iPhone!"
While my taste in music might not run in this vein, I can't deny the quality of the recording is top notch and the technological feat is very impressive. It's not the first time we've seen the iPhone play an integral part in creating a track, but to record an entire album using nothing but an iPhone is impressive indeed.
Check out a teaser video from the band below, and head to the band's website for a full track preview and ordering information.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved