One Like Son produces entire album on an iPhone
Powerpop band "One Like Son" has done something special. Using accessories like Peavey's AmpKit LiNK (TUAW review) and the GuitarJack from Sonoma Wireworks, they managed to produce an entire studio-quality album... on an iPhone.
Daniel Codella of Sonoma Wireworks states that "One Like Son have really set the bar for what can be done with an inexpensive mobile recording setup. Bravo!" The band compares the experience to creating their first album, "Love Songs for the Apathetic," on a 4-track cassette recorder. Stephen Poff of the band said, "It was a pretty top of the line at the time, but it was tedious and of course there were only 4 tracks to work with. Now I'm recording up to 24 tracks... and it's on my iPhone!"
While my taste in music might not run in this vein, I can't deny the quality of the recording is top notch and the technological feat is very impressive. It's not the first time we've seen the iPhone play an integral part in creating a track, but to record an entire album using nothing but an iPhone is impressive indeed.
Check out a teaser video from the band below, and head to the band's website for a full track preview and ordering information.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)