Wall coverings appear at forthcoming Amsterdam Apple Store
Apple is prepping a new retail store in Amsterdam, and MacRumors has collected pictures of the orange and white window coverings that have shown up at the location. They're pretty unique and striking, with the bright orange modern look really standing out in the colder, more traditional buildings of the city.
The orange in the coverings represents the Netherlands' national color, and the three Apple logos above are standing in for the three crosses in Amsterdam's coat of arms, the official symbol of the city. Messages on the covering say in Dutch that the store will be "opening soon." Originally, the store was rumored for an opening later on this week, but the latest looks inside the store say that ceremony has probably been delayed. Not too big an issue -- with those coverings on, this is probably the best looking "store under construction" around.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options