Final Fantasy's Hironobu Sakaguchi teases three new iPhone games
During promotion for an upcoming Wii title, The Last Story, Final Fantasy series creator Hironobu Sakaguchi teased three new games pending for the iPhone. Sakaguchi only gave the scantest of details on the titles to GameCentral; he mentioned that the first title will be a "surfing game" rather than Sakaguchi's traditional RPG fare. He gave even fewer details on the other two games, saying only that they would be smaller titles as a "palate cleanser" following his work on The Last Story.
Sakaguchi started the Final Fantasy franchise in the 1980s, and he was part of Square Enix until leaving to form his own company in 2004. He told GameCentral that he's making these three games because he's a fan of Apple and its products, but he doesn't believe that smartphones and tablets will completely displace traditional console gaming anytime soon.
Along with Shigeru Miyamoto of Nintendo, Hironobu Sakaguchi is a legend in the video game industry and has helmed many titles that have been outstanding examples of the creativity possible in the medium. We'll definitely be keeping a very close eye out for his debut on the iOS platform.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free