ABC News to air firsthand report on Foxconn factories next week
Next Tuesday, February 21, the ABC News program Nightline will air an in-person report covering the conditions at Foxconn factories that manufacture Apple products. Per PCWorld's story, Apple arranged "exclusive access" for Nightline anchor Bill Weir to tour the factories, meet with workers and interview a "top executive."
Apple's new glasnost around its contract manufacturers has extended to the Fair Labor Association, which began its audits of Foxconn and other vendors this past week. While initial reports from the FLA audits cited above-average conditions at Foxconn and improvements in aluminum polishing operations, yesterday Bloomberg reported that the organization's CEO now believes there are "tons of issues" at Foxconn facilities.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options