ABC News to air firsthand report on Foxconn factories next week
Next Tuesday, February 21, the ABC News program Nightline will air an in-person report covering the conditions at Foxconn factories that manufacture Apple products. Per PCWorld's story, Apple arranged "exclusive access" for Nightline anchor Bill Weir to tour the factories, meet with workers and interview a "top executive."
Apple's new glasnost around its contract manufacturers has extended to the Fair Labor Association, which began its audits of Foxconn and other vendors this past week. While initial reports from the FLA audits cited above-average conditions at Foxconn and improvements in aluminum polishing operations, yesterday Bloomberg reported that the organization's CEO now believes there are "tons of issues" at Foxconn facilities.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)