Office for iPad reportedly due in weeks (Update)
The Daily has gotten its hands on the upcoming iPad version of Microsoft Office, which its sources tell them will soon go through the Apple App Store vetting process.
The interface is reportedly similar to OneNote, which we reviewed in December, and also contains technology that's in the Windows Phone and the upcoming Windows 8. Like similar office suites from Quickoffice and Documents to Go, users can create Word, Excel and PowerPoint files and edit them either on the iPad or online.
The Daily's sources did not have a launch date or estimated price, but it'll most likely be available within the next few weeks.
[Via The Next Web]
Update: Quite the soap opera drama is unfolding. Microsoft denied that Office for iPad is coming in a statement given to The New York Times, stating that The Daily published "a screenshot that is not Microsoft's software" as well as a story which is "based on inaccurate rumors and speculation."
Daily reporter Peter Ha then shot back that the image was not fake, and in fact came from a demonstration given by a Microsoft employee. He then supplied a screenshot of the app's icon running on an iPad.
The Daily has gotten its hands on the upcoming iPad version of Microsoft Office, which its sources tell them will soon go through the...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved