Rumor: iPad 3 case thicker, shows more gradual taper
Chinese tech website M.I.C Gadget gets some amazing spy shots on occasion. This time, they have photos that purport to show the back case of the rumored iPad 3.
As you can see from the photos above, the alleged iPad 3 case (bottom) is slightly thicker than the case of the iPad 2. Although the difference in thickness appears to be significant, another photo (below) shows that the iPad 3 case is actually only about 1 to 1.5 mm thicker.
The site notes that a poster on a Chinese forum has said that the bezel on the new device is narrower, which could be a way to resolve the "light leak" issues that some early owners of the iPad and iPad 2 experienced.
M.I.C Gadget also published a photo of the back case that shows a slightly larger rear camera. That's in line with rumors of an improved iPad 3 camera, although nobody will know the exact specifications of such a device until the new iPad is announced.
The site has a complete "rumor roundup" for your reading enjoyment, but remember that at this point, everything is pure conjecture.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs