Samsung's iCloud rival delayed
Engadget is reporting Korea's ETNews' claim that Samsung's S-Cloud is delayed because Samsung decided to change the way the cloud infrastructure works. Samsung is hoping that S-Cloud will rival Apple's iCloud and is now looking at Korea's KT public cloud service to use as a backbone for its system.
However, Samsung will have to muscle its way into an already crowded cloud-storage neighborhood, with iCloud, Amazon, Dropbox, and others already hosting a lot of people's data. Another issue is Samsung's use of Android and its large variety of mobile products. ETNews' source says that Samsung needs "highly sophisticated technology" to make sure all of those devices can work together in the cloud.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)