Samsung's iCloud rival delayed
Engadget is reporting Korea's ETNews' claim that Samsung's S-Cloud is delayed because Samsung decided to change the way the cloud infrastructure works. Samsung is hoping that S-Cloud will rival Apple's iCloud and is now looking at Korea's KT public cloud service to use as a backbone for its system.
However, Samsung will have to muscle its way into an already crowded cloud-storage neighborhood, with iCloud, Amazon, Dropbox, and others already hosting a lot of people's data. Another issue is Samsung's use of Android and its large variety of mobile products. ETNews' source says that Samsung needs "highly sophisticated technology" to make sure all of those devices can work together in the cloud.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter