Samsung's iCloud rival delayed
Engadget is reporting Korea's ETNews' claim that Samsung's S-Cloud is delayed because Samsung decided to change the way the cloud infrastructure works. Samsung is hoping that S-Cloud will rival Apple's iCloud and is now looking at Korea's KT public cloud service to use as a backbone for its system.
However, Samsung will have to muscle its way into an already crowded cloud-storage neighborhood, with iCloud, Amazon, Dropbox, and others already hosting a lot of people's data. Another issue is Samsung's use of Android and its large variety of mobile products. ETNews' source says that Samsung needs "highly sophisticated technology" to make sure all of those devices can work together in the cloud.
Engadget is reporting Korea's ETNews' claim that Samsung's S-Cloud is delayed because Samsung decided to change the way the cloud...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free