MLB simplifies iPhone, iPad app pricing for MLB TV subscribers
For baseball fans, there's no happier day than Super Bowl Sunday, since we know that means that in a few weeks catchers and pitchers will be reporting for early Spring Training. Well, the pitchers and catchers are warming up and now another sign of spring has appeared -- news about pricing of Major League Baseball's MLB At Bat 12 app for iPad and iPhone for MLB TV subscribers.
If you subscribed to MLB TV in the past or plan on subscribing to a year full of baseball games, you're in luck -- MLB At Bat '12 will be available for free. That's a nice little bonus, since the MLB TV subscription plan costs US$124.99 for the 2,430 game baseball season ($119.99 if you subscribed last year). In the past, subscribers had to pay for the iPad and iPhone apps separately, which could add about $30 to the tab for baseball fans.
The apps will be available on February 29, 2012 so that you're able to start watching streaming video of games on your iPad or iPhone as the Spring Training season begins. There's no word, however, on what content (if any) the free apps will provide for baseball fans who don't want to pay the MLB TV subscription fee.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)