Report: Apple's iOS accounts for 35% of mobile ad impressions
Apple's share of the overall mobile market seems to be heading dramatically upward, at least according to inMobi. The company measures how ads they serve (almost 100 million ads deployed each month) are filtered onto mobile devices.
The figures are striking. Apple's share of ad impressions went from 23.2% in October of 2011 to 35% in January of 2012. At the same time, Android devices declined 3.2%.
That's a reversal from a year ago when Android was topping the list. Android has also slipped 8.9% to an 11.6% share.
The company also measures the top 3 handsets and they are all Apple products. The Apple iPhone 4, the first generation iPad, and the iPod touch are the devices that view the most advertising.
Anne Frisbie, InMobi's Vice President and Managing Director, says, "The iOS growth we are seeing may be attributed to the tremendous success of iPhone 4S and iPad in the ecosystem."
Of course ad viewing is not the same as total market share, but it is an indication that Apple has made a rather large dent in connected mobile devices.
Apple's share of the overall mobile market seems to be heading dramatically upward, at least according to inMobi. The company measures how...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved