Umami TV companion app gets a big social update
Those of us who watch hours of the Food Network know that Umami is one of the five basic flavors. iPad users might be more familiar with the word from the Umami TV companion iPad app (free), which today received an update that adds social aspects for sharing your TV-watching experience.
The two new features, which should come in handy this weekend while watching the Oscars, are FreezeFrame and Dishboard. FreezeFrame lets you easily take snapshots of the show you're watching, then share them on Twitter and Facebook.
Dishboard (seen below) is described as a "social TV dashboard" that shows how many people are talking about the show you're watching, what shows are trending, and what other viewers are sharing while using Umami.
Version 1.2 of Umami is available immediately for download, and those who have used the app in the past will definitely want to update as soon as possible. While you're at it, try to make as many snarky comments about the questionable outfits on the Oscar red carpet as you can. We'll all appreciate your candor and humor.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter