Umami TV companion app gets a big social update
Those of us who watch hours of the Food Network know that Umami is one of the five basic flavors. iPad users might be more familiar with the word from the Umami TV companion iPad app (free), which today received an update that adds social aspects for sharing your TV-watching experience.
The two new features, which should come in handy this weekend while watching the Oscars, are FreezeFrame and Dishboard. FreezeFrame lets you easily take snapshots of the show you're watching, then share them on Twitter and Facebook.
Dishboard (seen below) is described as a "social TV dashboard" that shows how many people are talking about the show you're watching, what shows are trending, and what other viewers are sharing while using Umami.
Version 1.2 of Umami is available immediately for download, and those who have used the app in the past will definitely want to update as soon as possible. While you're at it, try to make as many snarky comments about the questionable outfits on the Oscar red carpet as you can. We'll all appreciate your candor and humor.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements