A Navigon update will soon offer street level views
Google Street View is coming to Navigon iOS apps. The app will pop up a street-level view as you arrive at your destination so you can, for example, identify a particular building that is your destination. That should be of significant help when you are heading to an unfamiliar area.
Navigon was recently acquired by Garmin, but the lines of iPhone navigator software have remained separate.
It will be interesting to see how the street view feature works in practice. Some of the Google images are out of date, and as any navigation app user knows, keeping the software updated is an ongoing issue.
Navigon doesn't have a date for the new feature as yet, but we're told to expect it this spring.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter