A Navigon update will soon offer street level views
Google Street View is coming to Navigon iOS apps. The app will pop up a street-level view as you arrive at your destination so you can, for example, identify a particular building that is your destination. That should be of significant help when you are heading to an unfamiliar area.
Navigon was recently acquired by Garmin, but the lines of iPhone navigator software have remained separate.
It will be interesting to see how the street view feature works in practice. Some of the Google images are out of date, and as any navigation app user knows, keeping the software updated is an ongoing issue.
Navigon doesn't have a date for the new feature as yet, but we're told to expect it this spring.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync