Apple files a complaint against Chinese vendor over "EPAD" trademark
Apple has filed a complaint against EBox Digital Technology Product over its use of the word "EPAD," says a Computerworld report. The complaint was filed earlier this year through China's trademark office, and EBox received a copy of the complaint on Febraruy 2.
At the heart of this complaint is a line of laptop luggage cases sold by EBox under the brand name EPAD. An EBox spokesperson said Apple is asking the company to give up the EPAD trademark because it closely resembles Apple's iPad."The iPad trademark is not Apple's, so now they want to take ours," said EBox's spokeswoman. "Apple has been a bully."
EBox applied for the EPAD trademark in 2010 and reportedly has no plans to used the name on any electronic devices.
Apple has filed a complaint against EBox Digital Technology Product over its use of the word "EPAD," says a Computerworld report. The...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support