Apple files a complaint against Chinese vendor over "EPAD" trademark
Apple has filed a complaint against EBox Digital Technology Product over its use of the word "EPAD," says a Computerworld report. The complaint was filed earlier this year through China's trademark office, and EBox received a copy of the complaint on Febraruy 2.
At the heart of this complaint is a line of laptop luggage cases sold by EBox under the brand name EPAD. An EBox spokesperson said Apple is asking the company to give up the EPAD trademark because it closely resembles Apple's iPad."The iPad trademark is not Apple's, so now they want to take ours," said EBox's spokeswoman. "Apple has been a bully."
EBox applied for the EPAD trademark in 2010 and reportedly has no plans to used the name on any electronic devices.
Apple has filed a complaint against EBox Digital Technology Product over its use of the word "EPAD," says a Computerworld report. The...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update