Apple wins German photo gallery lawsuit against Motorola
Apple won a significant legal victory when a German court ruled that Motorola Mobility violates patent EP2059868, says a report at FOSS Patents. The patent details a "portable electronic device for photo management" and covers the photo gallery implementation used by Motorola on its mobile devices.
Apple has the option to enforce an injunction, which would be unwelcome news for Motorola. The company would have to develop a new photo gallery that would skirt the patent.
Apple could also force Motorola to recall all infringing devices on the shelves of German retail outlets and destroy all the infringing products in their possession.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature