EA declares Battlefield 3: Aftershock dead
Here's an interesting tale that might have some ramifications for the App Store in the future. After releasing a version of its popular console title Battlefield 3, subtitled Aftershock, on the App Store last month, EA abruptly pulled the game from Apple's virtual shelves. The reviews on the game were apparently full of comments disparaging the game's controls and tech, and EA originally said that it was pulling the title to re-evaluate how to fix it up.
Apparently they have decided on Aftershock's final fate, and it ain't good: An EA rep said that Aftershock won't be returning to the App Store at all. The game's multiplayer servers will be up for another month or so (so if you already have the game installed, you'll be able to play it for that long), and then that's all she wrote.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free