German court tosses one Apple suit, one Samsung suit
The Mannheim Regional Court was busy this morning, handing down two rulings that threw out one of Samsung's 3G/UMTS lawsuits against Apple and one of Apple's slide-to-unlock lawsuits against Samsung. This slide-to-unlock case is separate from the one Apple won earlier this week in the Munich I Regional Court against Motorola. Both companies have the option to appeal.
According to FOSS Patents, there are at least 14 lawsuits between Apple and Samsung in Germany. Judges ruled on four of these lawsuits, with Samsung losing three in a row and Apple losing one. In each of these losses, the judge threw out the lawsuit.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature