Report: major creditor seeks liquidation of Apple opponent Proview
According to a Xinhua News Agency report, creditors are putting pressure on Proview to declare bankruptcy and liquidate its assets. Leading the effort is Fubon Insurance, a Taiwanese company that's seeking to recoup US$8.68 million from the struggling Chinese firm.
Fubon employees have refused to comment on the report, but Proview lawyer Ma Dongxiao says the company's financial troubles will not effect the outcome of its iPad trademark lawsuit with Apple. The company has sued Apple in China over ownership of the iPad name and is seeking a monetary settlement with the technology giant.
[Via The Washington Post]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app