Report: major creditor seeks liquidation of Apple opponent Proview
According to a Xinhua News Agency report, creditors are putting pressure on Proview to declare bankruptcy and liquidate its assets. Leading the effort is Fubon Insurance, a Taiwanese company that's seeking to recoup US$8.68 million from the struggling Chinese firm.
Fubon employees have refused to comment on the report, but Proview lawyer Ma Dongxiao says the company's financial troubles will not effect the outcome of its iPad trademark lawsuit with Apple. The company has sued Apple in China over ownership of the iPad name and is seeking a monetary settlement with the technology giant.
[Via The Washington Post]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync