Report: major creditor seeks liquidation of Apple opponent Proview
According to a Xinhua News Agency report, creditors are putting pressure on Proview to declare bankruptcy and liquidate its assets. Leading the effort is Fubon Insurance, a Taiwanese company that's seeking to recoup US$8.68 million from the struggling Chinese firm.
Fubon employees have refused to comment on the report, but Proview lawyer Ma Dongxiao says the company's financial troubles will not effect the outcome of its iPad trademark lawsuit with Apple. The company has sued Apple in China over ownership of the iPad name and is seeking a monetary settlement with the technology giant.
[Via The Washington Post]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration