Square wants Square Register and iPad to be your POS solution
Square is looking to expand its reach into retail using its new Square Register app for the iPad. This solution promises to replace the cash register and let small retailers process credit card payments, accept cash payments, list store products and track customer purchases.
Similar to Square for the iPhone, the Register app and the credit card reader are available for free. Merchant must pay 2.75% per swipe for Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. The new Register app works on iPads running iOS 5. There are no plans to bring the POS system to Android.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)