Russia reclassifies iPad as a computer, avoids 5% import tax
According to a report in the Russian newspaper Vedomosti, the Russian government has classified the iPad as computer. While this will bring a smile to analysts who love to compare iPad and PC sales, this move has nothing to do with the market category of the device.
This change is an administrative one and lets Russian customers import the iPad without paying a 5 percent import tax. Previously, the iPad was taxed because the 3G version with GPS was classified as a navigation device. The report did not clarify whether the 3G iPad will still be considered a navigation device, but it did say other tablets with GPS will be subject to the tax.
According to a report in the Russian newspaper Vedomosti, the Russian government has classified the iPad as computer. While this will...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time