WSJ: Next iPad will have LTE, land on Verizon Wireless
The Wall Street Journal chimed in with a last minute report on the iPad that'll make Verizon Wireless customers happy. Spencer E. Ante of the Journal writes, "The new iPad will support a wireless broadband technology called LTE, people familiar with the matter have said," and Credit Suisse analyst Jonathan Chaplin further adds, "It is great news for Verizon. They have a great LTE network that is empty, so they can afford to fill it up."
Chaplin may end up eating those words as more and more customers join Verizon's relatively new LTE network, but, until then, most people will be pleased to see Apple adopting the next generation mobile broadband technology.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter