iPad is the first Bluetooth Smart-ready tablet
The new iPad has Bluetooth 4.0 making it the first Bluetooth Smart-ready tablet. So what does that mean for the average consumer? It means you can use all the current Bluetooth devices on the market. You'll also be able to use nifty new devices like Find My Car Smarter which uses a Bluetooth 4.0 dongle to mark your car's location and help you find it in a crowded parking lot.
Bluetooth 4.0 is a relatively new standard that'll support a variety of low-power, sensor-filled devices like fitness monitors and security devices. According to a rumor from Macotakara, Apple could also use Bluetooth 4.0 and AirPlay to send audio and video streams to compatible home entertainment devices.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration