Path 2.1 update adds Nike+, Music Match and a new filter
I've been a fan and user of social networking app Path (free) for some time, even after it it was disclosed that the company was uploading iPhone Contacts to their servers. The company has now released an update to the app, adding some features that might bring miffed former users back to the Path fold.
Path 2.1, available today, has one new feature that may help you on the running path. Through Nike+ GPS Running Stories, runs can automatically be journaled by linking the Nike+ GPS app (US$1.99) to Path. Your friends on Path will be able to see a map of your run, perfect for creating enmity between you and those couch potatoes.
Another great new feature appears when you tap the music icon to let your buddies know what you're listening to. Instead of typing in the name of a tune, you can just tap a microphone icon to let Path "listen to" the music and get the song title from Music Match. It's also helpful if you aren't sure what that catchy tune playing in Starbucks actually is...
Path added a new in-app purchase for a "camera lens" that creates a comic book effect. Trust me -- most self-portraits are bad enough without needing to look like you're a comic book character. The company also added a way to adjust the focus and exposure points of the camera separately for more detailed images.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free