Verizon to offer low-cost 1GB plan, mobile hotspot with iPad
There's been a fair amount of confusion about the data plans that'll accompany the 4G version of the iPad. The Verge got the definitive answer from AT&T and Verizon on each carrier's plans and whether it will offer mobile hotspot with the iPad. In a nutshell, Verizon offers a better value as it offers more plans and bundles mobile hotspot for free.
Verizon confirmed that it will offer four data plans for the new iPad including a 1 GB plan for US$20, a 2 GB plan for $30, a 5 GB for $50 and a 10 GB plan for $80. As noted above, each plan includes free mobile hotspot that draws off the data allotment.
AT&T will have three data plans which start at 250 MB for $14.99 with overage fees of $14.99 per 250MB. There's also a 3 GB plan for $30 and a 5 GB plan for $50. Overages on these last two plans are charged at the rate of $10 per 1 GB
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync