Shipment date for all iPad pre-orders slips to March 19
If you've been waiting to pre-order the new iPad, you may have just missed the window to grab one that'll arrive on the March 16 launch date. As of the writing of this post, all iPad pre-orders will arrive on your doorstep on Monday, March 19 (or later). That's only a few days after the Friday launch, but it may be enough for some customers to abandon the pre-order process and travel to their local Apple store on launch day instead.
It will be interesting to see if there are any lines for the iPad on March 16. Pre-orders for launch day iPads lasted almost two days, which means many people who wanted the iPad were able to order their model of choice right away.
Hat tip to "Matt Apple" to pointing this out.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows