iPhone is top-selling cellphone in Japan
A report in the Mainichi Daily News suggests the iPhone 4S is the top-selling mobile phone in Japan. The iPhone 4S is reportedly beating out handsets from local favorites like Fujitsu-Toshiba, Sharp and Panasonic.
According to IDC Japan estimates, the iPhone grabbed 26.6 percent of all mobile phone shipments in the October-December 2011 quarter. Fujitsu-Toshiba claimed the second spot with 18.3 percent of shipments and Sharp ranked third with 15.7 percent. Total mobile phone shipments in Japan climbed to 10.65 million units in the year-ending quarter.
The iPhone 4S went on sale in Japan starting in October 2011. Early sales were strong and the iPhone climbed to the top of Japan's handset market within a few weeks. The handset is sold by local carriers SoftBank and KDDI.
A report in the Mainichi Daily News suggests the iPhone 4S is the top-selling mobile phone in Japan. The iPhone 4S is reportedly beating...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements