AT&T and Verizon officially announce the March 16 availability of the WiFi + 4G iPad
As expected, AT&T and Verizon both announced today that they will sell the new WiFi+4G iPad starting Friday, March 16. AT&T will sell the iPad through all AT&T sales channels, while Verizon will offer the new iPad at all Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online.
The iPad WiFi+4G will cost US$629 for the 16 GB version, $729 for 32 GB and $829 for 64 GB. You can find information about data plans and support for personal hotspot on either Verizon's or AT&T's website. At the present time, Verizon has announced support for tethering/personal hotspot service, while AT&T has not.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options