New iPad benchmark finds 1 GB RAM
Earlier today, Vietnamese blog Tinhte.vn released unboxing pictures and a video that supposedly showcases the new iPad. They also did some benchmark tests that suggest the iPad will ship with 1 GB of RAM. Recent reports from The Verge and iOS hacker Chronic claim the iPad had 1 GB of RAM, but those reports were based on inside sources and a leaked debug output file.
The results of the Tinhte's Geekbench test also show that the new iPad will have an A5X processor clocked at 1 GHz, which matches the clock speed of the A5 in the iPad 2. Based on the Geekbench score, CPU performance of the two devices should be about the same. According to Sonny Dickson via SlashGear, the original iPad scored 618 and the iPad 2 hit 751 in the same test.
Earlier today, Vietnamese blog Tinhte.vn released unboxing pictures and a video that supposedly showcases the new iPad. They also did...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update