New iPad benchmark finds 1 GB RAM
Earlier today, Vietnamese blog Tinhte.vn released unboxing pictures and a video that supposedly showcases the new iPad. They also did some benchmark tests that suggest the iPad will ship with 1 GB of RAM. Recent reports from The Verge and iOS hacker Chronic claim the iPad had 1 GB of RAM, but those reports were based on inside sources and a leaked debug output file.
The results of the Tinhte's Geekbench test also show that the new iPad will have an A5X processor clocked at 1 GHz, which matches the clock speed of the A5 in the iPad 2. Based on the Geekbench score, CPU performance of the two devices should be about the same. According to Sonny Dickson via SlashGear, the original iPad scored 618 and the iPad 2 hit 751 in the same test.
Earlier today, Vietnamese blog Tinhte.vn released unboxing pictures and a video that supposedly showcases the new iPad. They also did...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7