Siri's Japanese performance not as good as DoCoMo's voice assistant
Apple added support for Japanese in iOS 5.1, but the roll out isn't going as smoothly as expected. According to a Kotaku report, Apple's voice assistant can apparently only handle simple and universal Japanese phrases. When it comes to complex phrases, Siri stumbles while its competitor Shabette Concier performs flawlessly.
Shabette, a recently-launched voice service from wireless carrier NTT DoCoMo, is targeted specifically for Japanese customers and supports maps and local content. It is supposedly faster and less rigid than Siri. You can check out the Japanese video below and head to Kotaku for a phrase-by-phrase analysis of Siri's performance against Shabette.
Apple added support for Japanese in iOS 5.1, but the roll out isn't going as smoothly as expected. According to a Kotaku report, Apple's...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free