Foxconn to hire safety, lifestyle pros at Apple factory
Life appears to be getting better for the thousands of workers who build our favorite Apple devices in China. Foxconn, the company that builds iPhones and iPads for Apple, is now hiring for several positions that are related to oversight of safety and lifestyle issues at its facilities.
According to a Bloomberg article posted a few days ago, Foxconn has advertised for a safety and security officer, a lifestyle services manager, and two fire chiefs at a plant in Shenzhen, China. The lifestyle services manager is tasked with making sure that conditions at Foxconn dormitories, canteens, and health departments are up to par.
Foxconn not only makes products for Apple, but for Dell, HP, Microsoft, and Sony. The company has opened up its factories to inspectors from the Fair Labor Association under pressure from Apple, and in February raised the base pay for starting workers by up to 25 percent.
Life appears to be getting better for the thousands of workers who build our favorite Apple devices in China. Foxconn, the company that...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free