Foxconn to hire safety, lifestyle pros at Apple factory
Life appears to be getting better for the thousands of workers who build our favorite Apple devices in China. Foxconn, the company that builds iPhones and iPads for Apple, is now hiring for several positions that are related to oversight of safety and lifestyle issues at its facilities.
According to a Bloomberg article posted a few days ago, Foxconn has advertised for a safety and security officer, a lifestyle services manager, and two fire chiefs at a plant in Shenzhen, China. The lifestyle services manager is tasked with making sure that conditions at Foxconn dormitories, canteens, and health departments are up to par.
Foxconn not only makes products for Apple, but for Dell, HP, Microsoft, and Sony. The company has opened up its factories to inspectors from the Fair Labor Association under pressure from Apple, and in February raised the base pay for starting workers by up to 25 percent.
Life appears to be getting better for the thousands of workers who build our favorite Apple devices in China. Foxconn, the company that...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements