Introducing comments by Livefyre on TUAW
We've gone through a few permutations in our commenting systems over the years, but I'm rather pleased to announce our latest partnership with Livefyre, which I consider to be one of the best commenting platforms out there.
Livefyre's features include the ability to sign in using a variety of social logins, and to easily comment on other's comments and share them across social networks. The idea is to enhance and promote our discussions on articles and allow you to share those discussions wherever you like.
There are also enhanced moderation tools for the TUAW staff, which means better, more relevant conversations. And yes, we will be moderating comments, but not by default. In fact, Livefyre has a spiffy realtime commenting platform that is really quite nice to interact with on hot news items. As usual: be nice, stay relevant and don't say anything you wouldn't say to someone in person.
One note: If you see an authorization window mention Engadget, don't fret that our systems have co-mingled and your comment is lost. That's just what it reads until we change it.
A big thanks to Rick, Brett, Paul and Joe at AOL Tech, and everyone at Livefyre for making this happen. If you're having issues, let us know in the comments or via our feedback form.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app