Official announcement: new iPad to go on sale in 10 countries on Friday at 8 am
Apple announced today that the new iPad will go sale this Friday starting at 8:00 am local time. It will debut in the US, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Switzerland and the UK; along with Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
With a long pre-order and several retailers offering the iPad at launch, it will be interesting to see if there will be lines. If you plan on grabbing an iPad on Friday, please send us pictures from the lines and opening. Use the hashtag #NewiPadLaunch and we will post them up on Friday. Happy iPad shopping everyone!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options