Apple adds iPad 2 to its recycling program
If you're looking for another outlet to offload an iPad 2, then you should check out Apple's reuse and recycling program. The program now accepts the iPad 2 and will give you an Apple Gift Card if your tablet is still operational. It'll also take broken devices that would normally land in the refuse pile.
The program works just like Gazelle and ebay's Instant Sale. You fill out a questionnaire about the condition of the iPad and Apple will give you an estimated price. You then send in the tablet and Apple will send you a gift card after it evaluates the device's condition.
Prices for the iPad 2 start at US$205 for a good condition 16 GB WiFi model and go up to $320 for the 64GB Wi-Fi + 3G version. If your device is a bit worn around the edges or doesn't work anymore, Apple will still recycle it for you. You'll may only get a small amount of cash for your broken device, but you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that you recycled it properly.
If you're looking for another outlet to offload an iPad 2, then you should check out Apple's reuse and recycling program. The program now...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free