iFixit tears down the third generation iPad (Updated)
iFixit got its hands on a third generation iPad as soon as it went on sale in Australia today. As they boasted on Twitter, "the first legit-purchased, legit-owned iPad 3 is now also the first legit-opened iPad... in the world."
The iPad 2 and the iPad 3 have different displays and the teardown analysis suggests the two devices have different display connectors. The model number on the retina display suggests this one is a Samsung-made LCD. iFixit has identified two chips that could be the RAM, they need to do more digging to confirm. There's also a beautiful shot of the A5X processor as shown above.
You can check out the full teardown and ogle all the internals of the new iPad on iFixit's website.
Update: According to iFixit, there are "two Elpida LP DDR2. Each package is 512 MB for a total of 1 GB."
iFixit got its hands on a third generation iPad as soon as it went on sale in Australia today. As they boasted on Twitter, "the first...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client