Flight Control Rocket sequel out now
This game appeared for the first time relatively quietly at GDC, but it's now available on the App Store, so check out the sequel to one of the App Store's most popular games ever, Flight Control. The new one is called Flight Control Rocket, and though I was told that it was put together by the Australian studio Firemint (that EA purchased not too long ago), there's no mention of them in the app listing at all.
Their influence is also sort of missing in the game itself -- Flight Control's relatively subtle theme and feel have been replaced with a very freemium model and some very flashy (and relatively complicated) graphics. Instead of just guiding different colored planes into runways, the sequel has you pushing lots of different spaceships of all shapes, sizes, and abilities, into docking ports, assisted by robots with their own abilities and lots of XP to earn.
But don't take my word for it: Flight Control Rockets is out now, for an initial price of 99 cents. It's fully updated and ready to go on the new iPad's Retina Display. Let us know what you think of EA's new direction with the series.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client