Flight Control Rocket sequel out now
This game appeared for the first time relatively quietly at GDC, but it's now available on the App Store, so check out the sequel to one of the App Store's most popular games ever, Flight Control. The new one is called Flight Control Rocket, and though I was told that it was put together by the Australian studio Firemint (that EA purchased not too long ago), there's no mention of them in the app listing at all.
Their influence is also sort of missing in the game itself -- Flight Control's relatively subtle theme and feel have been replaced with a very freemium model and some very flashy (and relatively complicated) graphics. Instead of just guiding different colored planes into runways, the sequel has you pushing lots of different spaceships of all shapes, sizes, and abilities, into docking ports, assisted by robots with their own abilities and lots of XP to earn.
But don't take my word for it: Flight Control Rockets is out now, for an initial price of 99 cents. It's fully updated and ready to go on the new iPad's Retina Display. Let us know what you think of EA's new direction with the series.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync