German court halts Apple's second slide-to-unlock case against Samsung
The Mannheim Court in Germany has delayed Apple's second slide-to-unlock case against Samsung, says FOSS Patents. During this pause in proceedings, the German Patent and Trademark Office is examining the validity of Apple's slide-to-unlock utility model.
A utility model is a quickly-approved patent that's not presumed by the court to be valid because it hasn't been fully examined by the patent office. Now that Apple is asserting it in a lawsuit, the patent office is taking a closer look at the patent and Apple's claims. This review process takes time and other appeals could delay a final ruling in this slide-to-unlock case.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter