iPad Unboxing 3: The video
Around TUAW, it's a bit of a tradition for me to do an unboxing video whenever I get a new device -- like this one for the original iPad or this one for the iPhone 3GS back in 2009. Not being one to break tradition, I grabbed my new third-generation iPad today and did a short unboxing video for your edification and (hopefully) enjoyment.
One thing I noticed is that the new device doesn't appear to really run any faster than the iPad 2, and that the display seems to have a "warmer" tone to it than the previous generation. Some things I just wasn't able to video, like closeups of the smooth text and the beautiful, sharp resolution in photos.
If you're still waiting for your new iPad to arrive, take a few minutes and watch the video. It might help to ease the anxiety of waiting... Oh, and Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter