iPad Unboxing 3: The video
Around TUAW, it's a bit of a tradition for me to do an unboxing video whenever I get a new device -- like this one for the original iPad or this one for the iPhone 3GS back in 2009. Not being one to break tradition, I grabbed my new third-generation iPad today and did a short unboxing video for your edification and (hopefully) enjoyment.
One thing I noticed is that the new device doesn't appear to really run any faster than the iPad 2, and that the display seems to have a "warmer" tone to it than the previous generation. Some things I just wasn't able to video, like closeups of the smooth text and the beautiful, sharp resolution in photos.
If you're still waiting for your new iPad to arrive, take a few minutes and watch the video. It might help to ease the anxiety of waiting... Oh, and Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options