Apple plans to initiate dividend and share repurchase program
A statement by Apple this morning has confirmed the company will start paying dividends to investors and buy back US $10 billion in shares starting this year.
Subject to declaration by the Board of Directors, the Company plans to initiate a quarterly dividend of $2.65 per share sometime in the fourth quarter of its fiscal 2012, which begins on July 1, 2012.
Additionally, the Company's Board of Directors has authorized a $10 billion share repurchase program commencing in the Company's fiscal 2013, which begins on September 30, 2012.
Additional details will be available during Apple's conference call which begins Monday at 6:00 a.m. PDT. You can listen to the call on Apple's website, or follow along with our liveblog kicking off shortly.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app