New iPad battery nearly as good as iPad 2
CNET reporter Eric Franklin spent his weekend torture-testing the battery of the new iPad, the iPad 2 and the Android-powered Asus Transformer Prime. He took each device, charged it fully and then drained its juice by continually playing a movie. All these tests were conducted in airplane mode so WiFi, 4G or LTE connectivity would not affect these results.
He discovered that the iPad 2 with iOS 5.1 lasted the longest at 14.2 hours, while the new iPad with its 42.5-watt-hour battery lasted 12.8 hours. The latest version of iOS helps the iPad 2 as the iOS 4.3 version only squeezed out 11.9 hours. The Transformer Prime came in last 9.6 hours, but its performance was bolstered to 15.3 hours when the tablet was used with an external keyboard dock that included a battery.
CNET reporter Eric Franklin spent his weekend torture-testing the battery of the new iPad, the iPad 2 and the Android-powered Asus...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved