Customers complain of overheating iPads
Is your new iPad too hot to handle? Literally, too hot to handle? If it is, you may not be alone. A growing number of people on Apple support forums and MacRumors say the lower, left-hand corner of their new iPad gets overly hot. Others say it gets warm, but that is to be expected with a fanless device like the iPad.
So far, there's no unifying factor that ties all these reports together. Some blame it on WiFi, some say it's the LTE, while others think it has to do with the Retina display. Apple hasn't commented on the reports and probably won't do so unless the complaints escalate. Are any of you experiencing this problem?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options