Tim Cook announces "record weekend" of iPad sales
Gene Munster knew that today's analyst conference call was reserved for discussion of Apple's newly announced dividend and stock repurchase plans, but he couldn't help himself -- he tried to sneak in a question about current results, specifically whether Apple would be issuing a press release about this weekend's iPad launch.
Tim Cook, naturally, was prepared for this impudence, and
promptly released a squadron of nanodrones to shock Munster into submission carefully guarded his answer. "We had a record weekend and we're thrilled," he said, but declined to provide any specific numbers at this time.
iPad presales and in-person lines were reported as hefty around the world, but we'll have to wait a little longer to get an exact measure of how successful the Retina-equipped device launch really was.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter